Laser hair removal has increasingly shown itself to be a very popular cosmetic procedure. It is non-invasive, convenient, and fair less painful than some of the more traditional ways of permanently removing unwanted hair. Laser Hair removal is used to take away hair from those areas where it is simply unattractive to have. This can include chin, bikini area, armpits, back hair, or other areas, as well. The time of sticky, painful chemical applications is long gone. This procedure can be used for both facial and body hair.
The cosmetic process can take anywhere from only a few minutes to several hours. The time range varies based on the area of the body involved and the amount of removal. Laser hair removal is done by using a low-energy laser over the afflicted area. The laser energy passes through the patient’s skin, and is absorbed by the pigment in the hair follicle (roots). A certain percentage of the follicles are instantaneously, not to mention permanently, disabled with each treatment. In most cases, no anesthesia will be required, or even needed.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal:
• Laser hair removal is a gentle, non-invasive procedure that can take care of undesirable hair from any part of the body.
• It leaves skin looking smoother and silkier, rarely with rashes, bumps, or other side effects.
• Larger areas can be treated more efficiently because the procedure removes more than one hair at a time.
• Minimum amount of discomfort.
• Replaces waxing, electrolysis, and razors, all much more irritating and uncomfortable than laser hair removal.
• Because it is so gentle, you can immediately return to a normal schedule.
There are still several important considerations that one needs to make before going in for laser hair removal. One is that this is not a one and done deal. Laser hair removal is an ongoing process that will require multiple sessions. Blonde, gray, and white hairs are less responsive than darker colors. Usually these can still be treated to some extent, but not always. If you do under go this treatment, there may be a slight reddening of the skin or minor swelling. Both of these are temporary. Your doctor may recommend various treatments or sunscreens: heed this advice.
Don’t let the warnings scare you off: laser hair removal is one of the most gentle of all cosmetic treatments, and even the worst of the side effects are so minor as to be easy to ignore. If that annoying back hair or chin hair is getting you down, this is a treatment that may very well be worth considering.