An adventure vacation is one sure way of freeing your self from the stress brought by modern living. However, for most people, vacations are not as totally hassle-free because they have to go through one thing: packing.
Many people are having hard time packing for a vacation because they spend so much time thinking what are the things to bring only to find out that these exact items would not be used during the trip at all! So, to lessen the stress that is brought upon by the thought of leaving impending work and schedule for a vacation, here are some useful packing tips for you. To make packing for an adventure vacation a hassle free task, gather all the things that plan to bring and segregate them from “what to bring” side and “what not to bring” side. By doing this, you can have your elimination process easier and more efficient.
WHAT TO PACK
– Pieces of clothing. This is considered as the most crucial part of packing that is why many people are having hard time in it. When packing clothes for an adventure vacation, always bear in mind that you need to bring only those that you can use. To do this, finalize the type of adventure vacation that you are going to.
Consider the destination and the climate of the place in order to determine what are the clothes that you need during you stay. If you are going to a place that includes visit to beaches and other nature trips, bring clothes that are light and made of cotton because the weather can be hot and humid. If you are going to a vacation destination that has a cold weather, make sure that you bring jacket or other pieces of clothing that can protect your body.
In choosing what clothes to bring, always come up with one specific color theme so you won’t have to bring lots of items just to match your clothes. Also, choose clothes that have fabrics that don’t easily get crumpled or wrinkled. (TIP: For vacation destinations, it is best to use thermal underwear so you can save space instead of bringing heavy jackets and coats. For places that have tropical climate, opt for clothes that can be layered and can serve double purpose such as a sarong.)
When it comes to footwear, it is advisable to bring just two pairs—one pair of closed shoes and a pair of flip flops. If you are going to a vacation cruise, always bring pieces of clothing for formal and casual occasion.
– An alarm. This is very important especially if you are heading for a destination that have time difference. It is also best to bring a travel alarm so you won’t have to miss out on something just because you run late. (TIP: Bring a gadget that can double as an alarm clock such as cellular phones, PSPs, and other handheld devices.)
– Medication. Medication, especially if prescribed, should be given proper attention. If you are using prescription medicines, make sure that you bring enough amounts to ensure your well being during the trip. If you are travelling abroad, copy of the prescription is required to ensure that you are not bringing in illegal drugs. If you are not taking any prescription medicines, always bring a first aid kit.
– Toiletries. Shampoos, lotions, liquid soaps, and other toiletries are usually available at the hotel but if you prefer your own brand, make sure that you place them in small bottles and keep them into a minimum. (TIP: Always put toiletries in zip locks so they won’t affect other items in case they leak due to air pressure.)
– Cash and credit cards. If you prefer to bring cash, keep them to a minimum to avoid hassle in safety. During an adventure vacation, it is always best to bring international credit cards for your paying needs.
(TIP: Bring two just in case the ATM eats one, gets broken or lost.)